Promote and support Education of Children with Disabilities
Purpose: To promote inclusive education for Children with Disabilities in the Uganda.
Strategic Objective: To create an enabling environment for education of Children with disabilities in selected primry schools in Eastern Uganda.
- Conduct 40 sensitization meetings targeting 4000 parents and community members
- Sensitize 4500 education stakeholders on inclusive education
- Provide 500 CWDs with scholarshipsProvide 500 CWDs with scholarships
- Support 5 schools with scholastic materials
- Provide mobility appliances with 500 CWDs
- Support 100 schools with accessibility standards
- Conduct advocacy meeting with Districts to recruit SNE teachers
- Conduct annual inter-district sports gala for CWDS
- Capacity building of schools through training, provision of mobility and learning aids for CWDs
- Sensitization/awareness raising through media campaigns and community dialogues/meeting, dissemination of IEC materials.
- Evidenced based Advocacy and lobbying through research, engagement with policy makers/duty bearers, demonstrations, policy influence, petitions, position papers and policy briefs.
- Collaboration and networking with like-minded organizations, state actors and community structure