Build the capacity of Girls and Women with Disabilities in their Rights (Both Rights and Duty bearers)
Purpose: Improved access to and utilization of quality Sexual and Reproductive Health services
Strategic Objective: To promote access to disability friendly SRH services to WGDs in seleceted districts of Eastern Uganda by 2024. (Indicators; percentage change in budget allocation to SRH servicesfor WGDs, Number of WGDs utilizing SRH services, etc.)
- Train 400 health workers from selected HC III and IV in Eastern Uganda in sign language and handling of WGDs by 2024.
- Conduct accessibility standards for 100 health centres in selected districts of Eastern Uganda
- Sensitize 1500 WGDs in selected on SRH.
- Sensitize 1000 men in selected sensitized on male engagement on SRHR by 2024
- Conduct meetings to enact disability SRH ordinances passed by councils in selected districts of Eastern Uganda by 2024
- 400 WGDs in selected districts of Eastern Uganda trained as SRH peer educators by 2024
- Conduct Radio Talk shows
- Develop SRH Ordinance
- Develop IEC materials
- Conduct Trainings for Senior women teachers
- Capacity building through training, mentoring, coaching and support supervision
- Sensitization/awareness raising through media campaigns and community dialogues/meeting, dissemination of IEC materials.
- Evidenced based Advocacy and lobbying through research, engagement with policy makers/duty bearers, demonstrations, policy influence, petitions, position papers and policy briefs.
- Collaboration and networking with like-minded organizations, state actors and community structures